Sunday, September 13, 2009

I have a diagnosis

Well friends, I really did think I was feeling better. It was a long hot bath that made me feel better--temporarily. Last night I just couldn't take it any more and was taken to the local ER/outpatient at the hospital.

After many tests, including a CT scan, I was found to have 4mm kidney stone. It is out of the kidney and working its way out of my body. In the meantime I am on a drug called toradol and was sent home with a urinal jug and strainer and jar for the stone, when it comes out. Then I must see a urologist.

Luckily I do not have any kind of infection. I will be glad when this nightmare is over though, and I hope none of you ever have to go through this. If you have pain in the kidney area, go to the Dr. or hospital sooner rather than later.

The medicine makes me tired and groggy, so I still won't be back online until a few more days.

Also, thank you to everyone that sent emails and left a comment on the previous post. I really appreciate it! I did leave a comment back for you all on the previous post.

Stumble Upon Toolbar


Aerelonian said...

Ouch! I've known people with kidney stones and they sound horribly painful.

themom said...

Take the meds, drink LOTS of fluids and hopefully the passage of the stone will happen sooner, rather than later.

plainolebob said...

ow, i have another blogger friend that just went through that,sorry my friend will keep in touch.

Larry Ohio said...

Yikes! Oh John, I'm sorry to hear that.

Blonde Goddess said...

Veggie Stick was also diagnosed with kidney stones. Hers were 4mm as well. She was in so much pain and vomited constantly. It was horrible. Drinking lots of water did help her and they gave her an anti-nausea medication which helped.
Please be careful.

Mary Ellen said...

Oh son went through that about two years ago. I ended up rushing him to the ER and he passed one stone when he was in the ER and then passed two more at home. The poor kid was miserable, but it did finally make him change his diet (he was totally addicted to Coke and I warned him that he would pay the price some day). After that experience he has decided that water is the drink for him.

Feel better soon, kiddo.

Yvette Kelly said...

My dad always had kidney problems and quite a few kidney stones which I know are very painful as I was with him the last time he came to SA for treatment.Luckily this last time he took the doctors orders and changed his diet and it's been 2 years now and no more problems.I hope you get better soon.I cannot even imagine how painful that must be!

Kyle said...

John, sorry to hear that kidney stones were the problem and that you are in pain. My mom had to go through this several times. Rest and recover, we'll all be here when you feel up to it. Take care.

Jim said...

You will get through this John and we all look forward to having you back on the net.
Thank God for health care huh?
Take care my friend and God Bless You!

Mary Ellen said...

You still haven't given birth to that stone yet???

You might want to start working on a name for it soon. How about "Rocky" if it's a boy and "Pebbles" if it's a girl?

Feel better soon, kiddo. ;-)

John said...

Hi Everyone,

Ughh, I still haven't not passed that stone. I drank a whole gallon of distilled water today PLUS a big glass of cranberry juice.

I am supposed to move around and be "up" and I did better today. Of course I did going to the bathroom every 1/2 hour! Seriously, I did some vacuuming and stuff even though I don't have much energy and the pain comes and goes, hurts especially after using the bathroom and when the meds wear off. I'm on Toradol, which is not working very good, but I'm trying to just stay on that, since it's not a narcotic.

Basically, I just feel like crap!

Thank you all for your nice comments and well wishes. I can't help but think of that old saying "this too shall pass." LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Flag Counter (Since July 6, 2009)

free counters