Monday, October 12, 2009

Gay rights marchers in D.C. pressure Obama

First I wanted to let people know that C-SPAN2 is showing all the speeches from yesterday's National Equality March. It airs at 8:30 a.m./Eastern 9:30 a.m. central today.

Gay rights marchers in D.C. pressure Obama | National | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Posted using ShareThis



And here's a news video from the Associated Press:


Thank you to everyone that participated or attended the March!

~ John

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Maria said...

I hate when my comments fly off into cyberspace! So here it is again.

I watched the speeches yesterday. I was particularly impressed as always, with Lance Black. I think Lance is the son every PFLAG mother wishes she could adopt.

I hope the momentum from the March for Equality continues as the marchers and speakers head back to their communities and that the Religious Right with its money and its strong desire to "Love the sninner, but hate the sin" attitude can not overcome equal rights for all Americans.

John said...

@Maria, thanks for commenting again and not getting frustrated after they fly out to cyberspace! My keyboard is so touchy that sometimes, if I hit more than one key at a time (don't know which ones) it will delete everything I just typed!

I was impressed with Lance Black too! I think the March did in fact create some momentum, and I hear there are plans for another one next year! People need to do more in their local congressional districts though!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Flag Counter (Since July 6, 2009)

free counters