Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grand Ole Opry Country Night on American Idol

...and I thought I wasn't going to watch this show LOL! I'm glad Adam was on early, because I fell asleep during the show. I think Adam just might win. He is like a cross between Elvis and Freddie Mercury! Anyway, I enjoyed his version of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" enough to put it on my blog, so there you go!

I hope everyone had a Happy St. Patrick's Day! Even though I have Irish roots, I didn't celebrate with a mug of green beer, and I'm not crazy about corned beef. I had big plans of making a St. Patrick's Day blog post about my Irish heritage, but I was just too tired. Oh well, I will just save that for next year. I will just leave you (at the last minute) with a few colloquial blessings and sayings of Ireland.

  • When Irish eyes are smiling,
  • Tis like a morn in spring.
  • With a lilt of Irish laughter
  • You can hear the angels sing.
  • When Irish hearts are happy
  • All the world is bright and gay.
  • When Irish eyes are smiling
  • Sure, they steal your heart away.

May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future.

May you live to be a hundred years, with one extra year to repent.

May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead!

May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, May God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles. So we will know them by their limping!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

HalfCrazy said...

Yay thanks for the video, I really LOVE Adam to death. I can already see him being declared as The American Idol! He's just too awesome. Oozing sex appeal, among his amazing qualities!

I love all these Irish sayings! I think I'm loving the irish more and not just because of their to die for accents, hahaha.

John said...

You knew that video was for you, didn't you?! Well, I admit, I did want to hear the song again too LOL I bet the full version on itunes is good!

Glad you liked the irish sayings! There are so many! Those are just some of my favorites!

ReRe said...

i love me some adam, but ring of fire made me uncomfortable!

thanks for following!

John said...

@ ReRe LOL! Thanks for chiming in! I think I liked his version of that song, because I don't care for country music. It was like he took the country out of that song!

Thank you for following too, and I love your blog, so it's on my blogroll.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Flag Counter (Since July 6, 2009)

free counters