Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

Although I have linked this post to one of the latest reviews of Jimmy Fallon's new show, this post is just some of my own rambling thoughts. I'm not a regular viewer of any late night talk show (because, well they are late night talk shows). I have read a lot of the bad reviews of "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" last week, and some good ones this week. Since the first show, there have been hundreds of reviews. It looks like they are starting to ease up and give him a chance.

When I heard the Pussycat Dolls would be on last night, I decided to check out his show. I was surprised that I liked the show so much! It was disappointing; however, to see him lose control with the timing. That led to not enough time to show the Pussycat Dolls full performance of "Jai Ho" at the end. Fallon didn't apologize or say anything about the screw up. I think he should ask them back, and put them on earlier in the show!
Fallon wasted a lot of time. He had some lame jokes--especially the ones about Chris Brown and Rhianna. There is nothing funny about their situation. I was glad to see some audience participation, but the Wheel of Carpet game show was just plain dumb. When his guest Emily Blunt was on, he couldn't take his eyes off her boobs...even though they weren't big or hanging out. She did look hot though! He wasted too much time with her. And he got her a hot pretzel--WooHoo! And when two pretzels were brought out, he wouldn't even touch his and had her give it to an audience member--more wasted time. Fallon seemed awkwardly uncomfortable with his other guest Michael Stipe. He didn't even thank him for the gift Michael personally made and gave to him! Jimmy was just a bundle of nerves all night, but I think he will get better as he settles in to his new role of talk show host.
Apple must be paying him a nice chunk of money, since he has an Apple notebook on his desk. But for what? He never touched it. Of course, the game show prizes were Apple store gift certificates. And did her really have to whip out his iphone? That reminded me of the movie "Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion," where one of the girls pulled her giant cell phone out of her purse to try and impress her former classmates! "If anyone needs to make a call, I have a phone!"
Wow, it almost seems like I didn't like the show LOL! I will give it a chance though...hope it does well.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I wish hm luck but I'm no fan of Fallon. He's a bit smug for my taste. So is that awful Seth person on SNL.

HalfCrazy said...

Hahaha, of course being a Pussycat Dolls fan that I am, I got a chance to watch it because a site recorded it. I mean, I'm not from America! I was not very pleased with the performance because it kinda lacks something. But Jai Ho sounds amazing, right? Now go buy it on iTunes LOL. And really, the Dolls didn't do the full performance because of the time? That sucks! Well at least the girls are one of the first people to perform in an improved Jimmy Fallon show.

I remember that movie Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion; it's actually one of my favorite movies and I remember that scene too well!

John said...

@Dr. Monkey...I think the smugness comes from being on SNL. If you think about it, so many of the comedians go on there as unknowns and leave as celebrities. And I agree about Seth Meyers. With Tina Fey gone, he is doing a lot of the writing and with Amy Poehler gone, he is the first to do the weekend news update by himself..so yeah he is really SMUG!

@halfCrazy...yeah, it was disappointing, as the show ended, it came back from final commercial and the Pussycat Dolls were singing--already half in to their song. So the tv audience didn't get to see the whole performance.

Of course the live performance wouldn't sound as good, but I like to watch them dance as well! Nicole Scherzinger's exotic costume (need I say more)LOL. Oh well, guess they will sing that song on some other shows...will be on the lookout!

HalfCrazy said...

Really? In a video I saw, Jimmy introduced the girls! And when the performance ended, he shook hands and kissed them! Maybe they got the whole video in their website or something?

They were on the Today Show, a snippet of the Jai Ho video was seen! As a fan, it's kinda disappointing because again, too much Nicole lol. But on the Today Show interview, all of them looked WOW! Hahaha!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Flag Counter (Since July 6, 2009)

free counters