Friday, August 14, 2009

Garden Update 1 of 3, Pumpkins in early August

The garden is growing so fast, I thought I should share some more garden photos. These were all taken on August 7, 2009. So, everything is even bigger now! It will soon be time for even more recent pictures! Hopefully the pumpkins will start turning orange soon. Because of the photo's file size, I am showing the garden update in three posts.




This is the largest pumpkin so far. At the time of the picture, it was about the size of a basketball. I hope it gets gigantic! It is growing just behind the small hen house.


This a "pumpkin pie" variety and at the time was about a little bit bigger than a softball.


This little cutie is one of the miniature pumpkins. It is full size, comparable in size to a small onion. It should start turning orange soon!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

kenju said...

When I was in my 20's and 30's we had a wonderful garden. One of my favorite things was to go into it every day and see the progress of all growing things. I loved it then, and now I can do it vicariously through you!

John said...

@kenju, I'm so happy to hear that! At least I know somebody enjoys the pics and the gardening updates! Thanks for letting me know that!

Anonymous said...

Great looking garden. It's fun to watch things grow! Thanks for sharing the update.

John said...

@Michael Rivers, thanks! I like to watch things grow too. You're welcome, glad you enjoy the update.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Flag Counter (Since July 6, 2009)

free counters