Sunday, August 9, 2009

You're so VAIN!

You're so vain. You probably think this song is about you, you're so VAIN! I bet you think this song is about you, don't you, don't you?????????????


You know you are so vain, Mr. Rooster, and I finally caught you on camera doing what you do every single day that you are supposed to be free ranging! You're so proud of your appearance and you are so conceited! Nothing else would explain WHY you run straight to the farm truck and start admiring your reflection in the chrome bumper!

This chicken has personality! He is quite the charmer, and this song reminds me of him (and a few other people, but we won't go there LOL).



One of the greatest songs from the '70s! I can't believe I was only ten years old and so in to music already, when this song was popular. This version is not performed by Carly Simon, but I believe it is performed by a guy named Georgian Gustil. The only versions by Carly that I could find at YouTube were live versions (not as good as this one). YouTube is full of cover versions of this song. I found this one to be my absolute favorite. I hope you enjoy!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Shaggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allen said...

That is a very nice cock you have there.

I remember that song from back in the day. They used to play it on the radio all the time. On the AM channel?

Yvette Kelly said...

How the hell am I supposed to keep all these chickens entertained if I don't look after myself?You want eggs don't you?You don't give me a mirror I got to compromise.

ReRe said...

this rooster is a pimp!

John said...

@Allen, LOL, Yes those were the AM radio days! That song has lived on all these years...love it!

@Yvette Kelly, LMAO! You speak well on behalf of the rooster!

@ReRe, I think you are right! Actually, we call him the "gay rooster." (no offense to gay roosters intended or gay people)!

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

How witty you are! I would never have thought of that song. Love that song.

Hope you're having a great week. I should have more time by the end of the week to check in, life has been busy the past couple of weeks. Went to Kentucky last week, got caught in that big storm driving through Louisville. Was not fun!

xo

John said...

@Sixpence and a Blue moon, Glad you like! I love that song too, always have! Thanks for taking time to comment, and I hope things are getting back to normal or looking up anyway. My family lives in southern IL. on the Kentucky border, so I heard about all the storms down there. Seems like Kentucky has been pummeled since winter.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Flag Counter (Since July 6, 2009)

free counters