The NAMES Project Metro St. Louis is a local chapter of the NAMES Project Foundation in Atlanta. Here are just a few of the quilt panels that were on display Sunday at Tower Grove Park for Pridefest St. Louis. It is a very emotional experience to see all these panels. They were also carried in the parade.
- Assisting with HIV prevention and Awareness;
- Providing a creative and artistic means for remembrance and healing;
- Illustrating the enormity of the AIDS pandemic;
- Increasing public awareness of AIDS;
- Raising funds for local AIDS service organizations