Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Etta James sings on DWTS

I may be officially outed for watching Dancing with the Stars, but it is worth it to share this once in a lifetime performance that you may have missed tonight! The legendary Grammy Award winner Etta James performs her Grammy Hall of Fame rendition of the popular song, “At Last,” accompanied by professional dancers Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff.

Etta James is the winner of four Grammy® Awards and seventeen Blues Music Awards. She was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1993, the Blues Hall of Fame in 2001, and the Grammy® Hall of Fame in both 1999 and 2008.

The song is so beautiful, and wow, so is Etta James! Beyonce, eat your heart out!

Speaking of Dancing with the Stars...who do I want to win? I hope Lil' Kim wins! I have always been a fan of hers and think she is a great dancer. I never knew she was so sweet too!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

ReRe said...

i want etta to kick beyonce's butt.

i loved this, i just wish they had chose another couple to dance to this -- i'm over maks and karina!

lil kim is kicking butt, but i'm team Gilles all the way

John said...

@ReRE, happy to hear from you & glad you liked the video!

Gilles is definitely the best male contestant, so I wouldn't be sad to see him win either! He is really good and I hear he was in the Sex in the City movie...have to put that on my list of movies to rent!

ReRe said...

oh john, Gilles' part in the Sex and the City movie is small but sooooo worth it!

Unknown said...

Etta was great and I loved Maks and Karina. That dance was perfect for the song. looooved it.

John said...

@trisha, of course I couldn't agree more! It's not often Etta James will perform on tv. The dance was perfect indeed and I was glad to see Maks back on the dancefloor! Thanks for the comment, I really appreciate it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Flag Counter (Since July 6, 2009)

free counters