Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Walk Around the Farm

Late Saturday right before dark, I took a bunch of photos of almost everything blooming now. Here are some of my favorites. It was such a nice warm day but really windy, like 40 mph winds. What a shame the force of the wind blew a birds nest out of one of the trees. I didn't see any birds anywhere. It was cloudy and looked like rain, so I was in a hurry and left the nest alone. Maybe I'll prop it up in a tree tomorrow, if it is still there.



I'm glad I had this chance to take some pictures of all the blooms, because they do not last long. Plus it does seem to rain a lot in April. The photo below is of the native violet, which is the state flower of Illinois. They just grow wild everywhere throughout the state. The violets only get about three inches tall. I don't know the name of the other little ground cover lavender flower. It's probably just one of the many wildflowers that grow here on the prairie.




The photo below is the top of our Weeping Willow tree, which has long narrow leaves on very light branches. The branches usually hang straight down, but are shown blowing in the wind. The left side of the tree has a damaged branch that was nearly broken by an ice storm over a year ago.





















It is still very windy and cloudy, which makes my satellite internet connection very slow. It is taking a long time to do anything on the net, so I will break this up into three posts.
You can click any of the photos to enlarge them. Try it on one, if you want to see more detail.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Flag Counter (Since July 6, 2009)

free counters